Monday, November 26, 2007
To punt is one of those simple words that have many meanings like the word 'is' of which we of a certain age all recall the nefarious debate over the word is.
To punt: http://www.google.com
To punt: http://dictionary.reference.com
To punt: http://en.wikipedia.org
To punt: http://wiki.answers.com
To punt... is about field position and it is a simple direct no nonsense analogy to the sales adage of 'get your pitch out there to as many places as fast as you can to get as many leads into the pipe line as you can as soon as you can so as to elicit options and choices before you are out of money from your last sale and when you sell diamonds and not widgets, punt sooner and bigger cause it is longer between sales to make your end of the year and monthly goals.' ... easier to say punt huh?
So, given options first...
- re-write your resume
- post it to Monster and to Dice
- update or create your Linkedin profile
- find all your recent professional connections and invite or add to your profile
- leverage your connections as soon as you can
- go through all recent recruiter requests you have received and or worked with and send a broadcast email with your new resume, that you are available and links to your profiles
- start calling your most promising connections and follow-up from your broadcast email
- blog about it
The next goal is to take care of your self with exercise and a good health
The next goal is to spend as little as possible and start filling in smaller 'widget' projects as soon as possible
Then, repeat as try as soon as possible to stop using the word as soon as possible.
To Punt, is all about field position.
735 N. Jefferson Ave.
Loveland, CO 80537-4407
justin (at) rm-mi (dot) net
TECHNICAL MANAGEMENT RESUME
Business Skills Summary -- Management
* Management of 5 + on-site & remote staff.
* Project responsibility of cross-functional teams across multiple time zones on projects with extremely tight deadlines.
* Managed integration, coordination, timing, and consistency of process.
* Planned/prioritized sub-projects to meet overall goals and objectives.
* Managed and participated on teams defining job scope and employee hiring/firing.
* Facilitated regular reporting and reviews.
* Customer/client focused communication style.
* Created team building and motivational situations.
* Analytical approach to consultation.
* Business writing executive reports, business plans, and training materials.
* Technical writing of request for proposals, installation procedures and help documentation.
* Preparation of budgets and financials for start ups.
* New business development in technology markets.
* Emerging market research and analysis.
* Negotiation of contracts.
* Vendor relations and technical liaison.
* Diplomacy applied to solve team dynamic and individual members challenges to achieve goals.
* Selling and marketing various products and services.
Technical Skills Summary - Business Systems Analyst/Project Manager
* Business data environments in DB2-AS/400, SQL Server 2000/2005, Oracle 8i and 10g.
* Business analysis in Hyperion, SQL Enterprise, COGNOS, Crystal Reports (Business Objects), Access, Excel.
* SQL server 2000 database administration (DBA).
* Systems development life cycles and project methodologies (SDLC).
* Requirements management in Borland CaliberRM.
* Data domain modeling with UML tools for MOLAP topology implementation vetting technical design with business requirements.
* BRS and SRS documentation for SOA environment.
* HL7 and X12 integration with corporate data domain.
* BLAZE Business Rules integration.
* JBoss Rules (DROOLS) analysis to business logic.
* Facilitation and implementation of PTF's and upgrades to enterprise business applications.
* Enterprise systems include: J.D. Edwards ERP, Sungard H.T.E. Government Information Systems, ITRON Utility Systems, Tele-Works and Class Recreation Software and EFT implementations.
* Worked with and second level support of applications/business systems including and not limited to: LIMS, Utility Billing, Finance, GMBA, Building Permits, HMS Colorado Sales-tax, E-commerce, and within FDA and HIPAA regulated operations.
* Development of business applications with Access 2003, (.NET), FileMaker and SQL/MSSQL database engines within N-tier architecture framework using ODBC, DAO, ADO, TCP/IP in LAN and WAN topology.
* Migration of legacy data into OLTP and OLAP architectures (ETL).
* Web Master/Web Author for inter/intra-net use.
* Administrator of SOHO wireless network with 802.11b access point.
* Trainer/teacher in class room settings and 1:1 settings of ERP applications.
* Support (second tier) to clients on ERP and on Microsoft (XP) standard business applications.
* OS inclusive of XP, 2000, NT Server, AS/400, MAC-OS, Win95/98, DOS, & LINUX.........
Rocky Mountain Managed Information, Loveland, Colorado 2004-Present
DBA: Rocky Mountain Mi (RM-Mi), Founder, Senior Business Analyst
Consulting in Information Systems specializing in:
• Requirements Analysis and Management • Software Project Management • Workflow Analysis and Design • Client Relations • Business Process Modeling • Requirements Management with Use Cases • Technical and Professional Communication • Manage teams, team lead, meeting facilitator • Creative thinker able to conceptualize project end to end.
Secondary market focus in the SOHO for web hosting services and Independent Software Vendor (ISV) contract programming.
Projects include business decision consulting on architecture, development, and design, Access database application development/user enhancement programming using VBA, DAO, ADO and N-Tier Architecture. MS Pocket PC data point of entry application development using the Visual Studio (.NET) environment. RM-Mi also provides marketing with technology, ghost writing, logo design, web development and hosting, as well as consulting on technology process improvements. Recent project industries have included; health care, financial credit services, environmental consulting, retail inventory management, business to business sales, real estate list management, laboratory information systems, medical technologies architecture, and projects for sole proprietors in public relations, therapy, cartooning, sculpting, photography and personal services.
Large contract efforts include:
Sr. Business Systems Analyst at McKesson Corporation
(Public Company; 10,001 or more employees; MCK; Pharmaceuticals industry)
January 2007 - November 2007 (11 months)
Lead BSA on BI module of SOA based next generation enterprise application suite for healthcare management (pay for performance KPI Metrics) targeted to regional organizations specifically for clinical reporting tools to replace the CareEnhance CRMS product. Integrated modules to include: BI (network, care, accreditation, employer, financial reporting) - workflow (disease, care, utilization, triage management) - portals (physician, care managers, patients, employers) integrations (benefits, medical, pharmacy, lab claims). Requirements gathering defining needs of business and data through ETL, warehouse, marts and dimensional cubes for reporting metrics aligned to Hyperion System 9 BI - OLAP tools (Web Analysis and Interactive Reporting.) Working with the agile project methodology as liaison between business system mater experts (SME) and development in clinical reporting application to define; scenarios, use cases, requirement specifications. Requirement specification analysis function of the SDLC working the requirements through phases involving; business (BRS), software (SRS), data quality (DQC), business rules-logic, SOA orchestration requirement specification around master entity index (MEI). Analysis of NCQA HEDIS specifications for integration to business logic. Use of Borland CaliberRM tool for requirements management. Proof of concept (POC) analyst on team that delivered POC of next generation reporting tool for legacy report product users conference. Data analyst on domain modeling effort conforming systems to corporate semantic model, HL7 and X12 standards with UML tools.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst at Fair Isaac
(Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Information Technology and Services industry)
March 2006 - December 2006 ( 10 months)
Lead Consultant managing team of Microsoft System Engineers, SQL data and ASP experts where we migrated and re-engineered BLAZE Business Rules and ASP process from regional data center to consolidated corporate data center. Successfully moved more then 12 Terabytes of data and business systems transferred, synchronized and tested for soft cut for development and a hard cut for production go live. Migration involved integration into multiple sub domain's and a mix of physical and virtual (VM) servers for development environments and physical servers and multiple SANS for production environment all the while updating security topology to meet current industry standards as defined by HIPAA.
The City and County of Broomfield, Colorado, 1998-2004
Applications Specialist, Information Technology
Summary: Business systems analysis and business unit application integration specializing in business intelligence/reporting. Detail: Project management of the IT concerns across multiple business units. Vendor relations specific to applications (ERP) use upgrades and usability. Inter-government data integration expert with DB2, Oracle, SQL, and CSV data objects. Documentation creation including request for proposals (RFP) needs analysis, training and help materials. Consultative analysis services to end users regarding best of breed solutions per industry standards and decision support then implementation services of solutions resulting in business process improvments. Full software development cycle (SDLC) developing applications with in MS solution architecture framework. SQL Server 2000 database administration duties include migration, maintenance, backup recovery, security, and scripts. Advanced knowledge of business intelligence applications such as Cognos and Crystal Reports, of data extrapolation from IBM AS400 using native Query and DB2 tools as well as SQL Server and Oracle data using ODBC primarily with MS Excel and Access data aggregation and transformation for the benefit of reporting to executive staff in various departments in the city. Achievements :• Successful management and resolution of Year 2000 concerns. • Full SDLC of sales tax solution. • Migration of SQL Server hardware OS and software (97 to 2000). • LIMS server upgrade. • Successful Implementations of: Cognos tools. • of Blue Ocean Track-It. • of ERP web based help system. • Integration of remote Itron remote read utility interface.
NUeBook, Loveland, Colorado, 1998-1999
In 1998 electronic book's (eBook) held promise of a new paradigm. Recognizing an opportunity and pursuing the business and technological aspects, as founder of an emerging company doing market research on the viability of the NUeBook concept taking the group through the startup phase. Determining the barrier to market was the unit cost of storage that did not fit with in market studies of acceptable product cost, the venture was shelved. Achievements :• Assembled a top tier team of hardware, software and process engineers. • Advisory team members included MIT, Stanford, and fortune 1000 executives. • Development of a prospectus business plan that held the interest of industry professionals. • Networked and entertained venture discussions with fortune 500 businesses.
Rocky Mountain Ram, Boulder, Colorado. 1998
Manager of Information Systems
RMR manufacturers and sells computer memory modules direct to business entities. Tasked with maintaining TCP/IP network, security, servers and improving process and sales management software. Managed technical support staff. Achievements • Mapped and documented data-flow in existing FileMaker database. • Created Request for Proposal (RFP) for new application development. • Selected development vendor and negotiated project plan.
AMGEN, Boulder, Colorado. 1995-1997
Document Control Associate II, Logistical Operations Department.
Achievements: • Developed database application that optimized maintenance department work process. • Organized company assets to save annual operating expenses. • Improved departmental communication with intranet web site for Logistical Operations. • Successful ETL of legacy data from AskManMan into FileMaker database. Member of: • POET (Purchase Order Electronic Transfer) development team. • Contract management development team. • Team leader of Boulder Technical Resources (BTR) communication team. • Cross trained in FDA Regulated operations purchasing, warehouse, distribution process.
Conceptions UNltd., Rochester, Vermont. 1994
Manager of Telemarketing Services
Managed call center testing market lists for publishing services fulfillment. Researched selected and cleaned prospect lists for quality. Authored marketing copy, managed staff of in house telemarketers, tracked results and prepared reports. Managed vendor relations and client relations.
Achievements: • Rebuilt Access database tracking system to facilitate reporting quality.
Miscellaneous professional experience
Various sales, marketing and photography jobs, 1987-1994
Academic Bachelor of Science/Business Information Systems (BS/IS), University of Phoenix ,1999
Small Business Management, University of Vermont C.E.C., 1991
Graphic Design, Church Street Center C.E.C., 1990
Visual Communications, Lyndon State College, 1985-1987
Outdoor Leadership and Woodland Ecology, Sterling Institute, 1983
Additional Training Seminars: 1995-2007
• Hyperion System 9 BI+: Getting Started / Web Analysis / Interactive Reporting • Intro to Good Manufacturing Practices • Effective Business Writing • Raising Capital • COGNOS v5 Impromptu Administration • Advanced Crystal Reports v8.5 • Mastering Visual Basic 6.0 Fundamentals • MS Developer Series comparison of ACCESS 2000 and SQL7 • SQL Server 2000 Administration • Introduction to Oracle Administration • Oracle PL/SQL 8.1.5 • PACS Administration •
http://www.rm-mi.net/resume version 20071115.0-TM